[Coco] CoCo 1 troubles

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Dec 22 00:22:54 EST 2020

The inability to format a disk also suggests a possible 6809 problem,
specifically with the HALT line.  For $6 or $8 bucks or so, you could order
a new 6809E.  Worth the gamble, in my opinion, assuming you cannot borrow
one from another computer or elsewhere.  (This is assuming the disk drive
works correctly for functions other than formatting.)  If the HALT line is
not working right, you should also see trouble when you try to read or save
a very long file, or try to boot up OS9..

Art