[Coco] CoCo 1 troubles

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 23:23:27 EST 2020

 Thanks Art!
I am one step closer. I reseated all the socketed chips, I also disconnected and reconnected the KB connector. I cleaned the edge connectors on the disk controller cartridge.
This seems to have mitigated the problem with the keys. I still lose a keystroke, but not as frequent. Thanks to Rietveld, I will soon have a second KB to test.
Now, when I insert a diskette and try to format it, I get an IO error. Sigh. Reading the user's guide for the disk system, I am now at the third troubleshooting tip: Contact Radio Shack repair center. I think that is easier said than done ;-). I also tried DIR, with same result.
Salvador