[Coco] CoCo 1 troubles

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Dec 21 13:53:40 EST 2020

That keyboard problem is one I've never heard of.  The only thing that
immediately occurs to me is to try cleaning the controller's contacts and
see if that makes any difference.  Oxidation there can cause some weird
problems.

Can we assume that the ROM in the controller is standard RSDOS?

One thing you could try is unplugging the ROM and reinserting the
controller in the cartridge slot.  If you still have the keyboard problem,
you know it's not associated with the ROM.  (Come to think of it, oxidation
on the ROM pins can also cause weird problems.  Maybe just re-seating the
ROM might fix it.)

Sounds like the spring in the cartridge door may have popped off.  You
might try opening up the CoCo and seeing if there is a spring lying around
inside (some shaking may be required to find it).  If the spring is on the
door, the hinge may just need cleaning of some gunk off.

Art