[Coco] Toolshead

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 12:45:14 EDT 2020

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 9:35 AM <coco at jechar.ca> wrote:

> On 2020-08-30 19:04, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 August 2020 17:17:52 coco at jechar.ca wrote:
> >
> >>   I run Toolshed on my 64 bit linux laptop. Does it work on
> >>   32 bit os's and/or raspberry pi, if so where would I get the
> >>   appropriate binary ?
>
> Yes I was able to build it from source on the raspberry pi4
> and on the surface seems to work I will need to put it to test
> with some actual .dsk files soon.
>
> One comment about the documentation for those like myself who
> have little or no experience compiling c explicitly state where
> the executable will be found
> {unpack-directory}/toolshed-2.2/build/unix/ar2/ar2
> for the archive binary for example.
>
> I had expected to just type os9 or ar2 right after compiling
> and it would just work but my only experience with c was
> Microsoft C 25 years ago.

If following the directions at:
https://sourceforge.net/p/toolshed/code/ci/default/tree/
On a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian or now known as Raspberry Pi OS, you
will need to make sure to run the install line with sudo in front after
doing the build:
make -C build/unix
sudo make -C build/unix install

After the install has been done then you should be able to use the os9,
decb, and ar2 commands.

> Also make it clear weather or not it has to be compiled as
> root. I did both ways since after the first compile I thought
> it had failed but I was just looking in the wrong place for the
> executable.
>
> Charlie.
> >
> > <<cut>

Sincerely,
David Ladd
***END OF LINE***
| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites are:                                                         |
|   http://daves-hobbies.com                                            |
|   http://dwladd.com                                                   |
|   http://www.theterrorzone.com                                        |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |