[Coco] "Who came up with pyDriveWire ?"

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun Aug 9 01:41:22 EDT 2020

On 8/9/2020 12:29 AM, didier at aida.org wrote:
> but why not in C or C++ ?, it could run as a windows service or a unix
> daemon

You can run Python as a windows service or unix daemon.

And the easy answer is, because the author does this as a fun activity,
and so chooses to write in a language they find the most valuable to them.

My apologies, but I think it's a bit rude to insinuate that a program
developer should have picked a different language to create their
application. They did the work, they get to pick the language.  You want
it in C, write one in C.

And, for the record, I also find Python confusing as I'll get out and
would never write an app in it, so it's not like I'm defending the
language itself.

Jim