[Coco] Character set

S Klammer sklammer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 15:36:28 EDT 2020

I believe that the answer to editing the fonts used for the 40 and 80
column text screen is actually "yes".  Rainbow had some related articles;
however, nothing is jumping out at me right now and I've misplaced my SDC.

http://www.coco3.com/community/1986/10/coco-3-font-editing says "... contains
the font data for 96 ASCII characters starting with the space character and
endig with the delete character (ASCII $20 thru $7F). This character font
consists of an image 8 by 8 pixels per character (8 bytes per character)
and starts at location $F07F in the CoCo 3’s ROM image."

https://colorcomputerarchive.com/repo/Disks/Applications/Hprint%20Font%20Editor%20(John%20Strong).zip

I have not tried the above ZIP from John Strong.