[Coco] coco sdc?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Apr 29 11:44:23 EDT 2020

On Wednesday 29 April 2020 10:49:32 Allen Huffman wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2020, at 8:38 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> > SDC, doesn't work, never has. Very early rev C
>
> There are some dip switches for compatibility modes. I’d start there.
>
> The blogspot site mentioned by Hawks will have the latest .DSK and and
> firmware.

Just now got that.

> Also, the SD card needs to be right. I think I have heard up to 32MB

Its a 2Gig sd card, so nitros9 would use a cluster size of 32 sectors.
NBD. Theoretically, up to 4GB can be handled by nitros9.

> but it has to be formatted the proper way using an older disk format,
> and not NTFS.

I can't format any disk, not enough system ram so it crashes. I have
looked at this sd card with a hex editor and theres only a dos partition
table, recognized as /dev/sde1 on this machine

But, dd on linux does raw writes so it can write the source files
filesystem, so a preformatted os9 .dsk can be written to the sd card in
a card reader, and bingo, an os9 file system appears.

Thanks Allen, stay well now.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis