[Coco] Back to os9level 2

Rick Ulland rickulland1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:34:03 EDT 2020

Important to note the time display is not the clock. The actual clock
uses a one byte value for year,and the OS9 system read and set calls
F$STime and F$Time deal with the correct number. Hardware clocks all?
worked by setting the software clock using the (good) OS9 system calls,
if the drive did the year as math, things might just work. I remember my
Dallas RTC kept going and I was not running Nitros9.

Two big bugs in 2.0.1:

The 'date' command should display (1900 + clock year), but it doesn't do
the math, it prints a fixed string "19" then the clock year. Data is
fine, but looks weird.

The 'setime' utility ignores the problem by only accepting 2 digits for
a 1 byte value. If you don't have a hardware clock, no way to set the year.

If these two utility programs were tweaked, you would be good until
2154. This must have been done by somebody. I'll poke around here.

-ricku
CoNect