[Coco] Recursively delete directories

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Apr 28 13:55:53 EDT 2020

On Apr 28, 2020, at 12:10 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> Mark Marlette, I was just looking at the deldir source in the repo and saw the same thing, though my idea is to add a cmdline parm "-s".
> At the start of the source, add a parm check and if the "-s" is present, then set a flag.
> When the program does the user prompt, check the flag, if the flag is set, then jump the user prompt. I think theres a flag that needs to be set here as well. The user prompt sets for d, l, & q (delete, list & quit), we would need to set for "d", though I still haven't traced down what exactly that value is or where to put it.
If we modify the command, let’s match the options used on OSK and modern OS-9.

Deldir -fq was the joke at Microware... Because if you did that be accident you were fq'd.

-f was force I think. Delete even if write perm isn't set.
-q was quiet, no output. Delete all possible files and subdirectories with no prompts.