[Coco] Accessing Vsync & Hsync interrups from Nitros9

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sun Apr 12 14:31:58 EDT 2020

> Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 14:37:27 +0800
> From: Walter Zambotti <zambotti at iinet.net.au>
> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
> Subject: Re: [Coco] Accessing Vsync & Hsync interrups from Nitros9
>
> I figured out why it isn't working but not sure why that is the case.
>
> The Nil device only works as long as I don't open a VDG /v1 window.
>
> The moment I do that the /Nil device refuses to be opened.
>
> If I kill the /v1 window tstfs2 starts working immediately.
>
> So seems to be some sort of incompatibility between the devices?!?!?
>
> Which is a problem because my application only works from a VDG term window!
>
> Any ideas guys?
>

> Walter

You are probably running out of space on the 64k system page. When you open and allocate the memory for a VDG window, there is not enough memory left on the system page for /nil to initialize. You could try setting up your boot to start with a console terminal that is a VDG window and try removing other windows or drivers that you don’t need.