[Coco] Tandy Color Computer 3 RND Function

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 4 21:59:34 EDT 2020

Hi (late to the party)

Keep in mind and depending on application it may be a requirement that the random number generator be either deterministic or truly random.

During development it can be very useful to have a sequence of random numbers generated in the same way every single time the program restarts. This really helps with debugging because you are only dealing with one variable (the bug).

How difficult would it be if the bug only revealed itself with a certain random number (or certain sequence) and having to wait for that value to actually arise.

The other time is when using pseudo random number generators for cryptography.

The encryption process needs to be deterministic.

Walter