[Coco] Fwd: Re: Redirection.

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Thu Apr 2 21:03:53 EDT 2020

Take a look at the help file for the dsave command. Two examples are shown.

Create a script to copy /h0 to /h5 with forced rewrite:
     chd /h0; dsave -r /h5 > dsave.out

(This is an example of how output of the dsave command which is normally
routed to STDOUT is redirected to a text file named 'dsave.out')

Immediately copy /d0 to /d1 with a 24k copy buffer:
     chd /d0; dsave -s24 /d1 ! shell -p

(Output of the dsave command is piped to shell)

So first example is of redirection to a file using '>' and second is an
example of piping output from one program to another using '!'.