[Coco] debug 6309 crashes Nitros9

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Oct 29 02:41:40 EDT 2019

On Tuesday 29 October 2019 01:55:24 Walter Zambotti wrote:

> I was (still am) using the 6809 version of debug on Nitros9 and just
> copied a 6309
> version of debug to my system.
>

> It does run and I can now see the E & F registers but It doesn't work
> more than that.
>

> If I attempt to g(o) it corrupts memory and crashes Nitros9.
>

> Debugging the same module with the 6809 version of debug is no
> problem.
>

> However I am using a 6809 version of the Nitros9 kernel and I was
> wondering if
> that is causing any problems.
>

> Walter

yes, playing mix and match while playing games on the stack is a definite
no-no.  You WILL get all sorts of crashes. Best way to play with it is
to add krnp4 to your boot file, stack cc and call it.  You'll get the
stack dump on screen as your program runs. Pull the cc back off the
stack when the call returns before doing anything else and other than
the time, your program will never know its been stack traced.  You can
do the same with krnp3, which is an error code translator.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis