[Coco] Quick cross over video showing the x10 plug n power as it was originally intended

rietveld rietveld rietveldh at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 10:01:44 EDT 2019

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nI8e8c_yAk

This is a video that shows the coco2 x10 controller being used with the Mattel Aquarius computer. Most of you are probably familiar with the plug n power for the coco2 but I would bet that most don't know that it was never intended for use with the coco2. The x10 'command module ' was designed to work with Mattel 's flag ship home computer; the Aquarius. But soon after the prototype was completed, the Aquarius was discontinued. The Aquarius was such a flop that it only lasted for four months before it's demise and ultimately Mattel s bankruptcy After the Aquarius's untimely death the design was sent to radioshack where it was very quickly re purposed for the coco2. Nothing was changed other than the cassette cable interface and a quick question software revision. Not even the case was changed. The Aquarius used Microsoft basic so it was a very quick translation to the coco. They even kept the graphics the same by using the coco's semi graphics mode that mirrored that of the Aquarius. My video uses a copy of the un released software. Only one copy of the software was known to exist and was generously made available to the Aquarius community, I rewired the interface and now have a working x10 on my Aquarius computer.

Sent from my BlackBerry