[Coco] attr has me stumped

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Oct 22 09:56:28 EDT 2019

On Tuesday 22 October 2019 09:34:42 Walter Zambotti wrote:

> Ok I give up!!!
>
> How do you use attr in Nitros9 to change the file permissions.
>
> I have tried
>
> attr r63 perm e
>
> attr r63 p e
>
> attr r63 -perm e
>
> attr r63 -p e
>
> Nothing changes the permission!!!
>
> Walter

Theres an odd chance you don't "own" the file.  And its been so long I
have forgotten how to fix that. There's e and pe, w and pw, and one
other, perhaps r and pr.  If you have "help" and helpmsg installed, it
shows for "help attr" that the "perm" or "-perm" controls the setting or
clearing of the referenced bits.

Unlike most *nix stuff, os9 attr is both attr and chattr.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis