[Coco] gcc6809: history + current information

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Mon Oct 21 22:07:33 EDT 2019

William Astle wrote:
> ... A while back, I forward ported it to a newer
> version of gcc that actually builds cleanly on 64 bit systems and there
> have been a few bug fixes since then. ...

Thanks for the reply William!

I found it under lwtools-4.17/extra.

I did a cursory check for "gcc6809" on the web

the original looks to be here
https://code.google.com/archive/p/gcc6809/

Brian Dominy's version ... based off 4.3.6
https://github.com/bcd/gcc and
https://github.com/bcd/newlib-6809

David Flamand release looks to be here (also gcc 4.3.6) -- could be same as Brian Dominy's?
https://gitlab.com/dfffffff/gcc6809

Tormod's PPA has releases of 4.6.4-0 version (assuming based of yours William?)
https://launchpad.net/~tormodvolden/+archive/ubuntu/m6809

Those seem to be the primary places w/o digging too deep.

one day in the future when I feel like a real challenge, I may try building it for fun (and/or self punishment?!), and documenting the process for posterity...

James