[Coco] Devastated. Long term OVCC project falls short

James Jones jejones3141 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 08:36:06 EDT 2019

The standard refers to two kinds of environments a C program can run in:

   - a "hosted environment", one with an underlying operating system
   - a "freestanding environment", without an OS. In a freestanding
   environment, there's only a small set of library functions one can count on
   having (and hence only a small set of the standard header files), and not
   all types need be supported. What exactly happens upon return from main is
   implementation-defined.

For gcc6809, we're talking a freestanding environment, unless someone does
a LOT of work.