[Coco] CMOC library / linker issue

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Fri Oct 18 23:10:08 EDT 2019

In the recent past I have installed CMOC under Cygwin on Windows and had no issues compiling sample programs with it. Today on a fresh installation of Cygwin I installed the latest and greatest ...

Cygwin package dependencies: make, binutils, automake 1.16, bison, flex, gcc-g++, gcc-core

$ cd 'C:\FOS\lwtools-4.17'
$ make
$ make install

$ cd 'C:\FOS\cmoc-0.1.60'
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

All that worked w/o issue… no errors. However, when I compile a simple program I get a linker error

$ cmoc HelloWorld2.c
lwlink: error: Can't open library: -lcmoc-crt-ecb

I checked for the libs and they do appear to be there …

$ ls /usr/local/share/cmoc/lib
libcmoc-crt-dgn.a  libcmoc-crt-os9.a   libcmoc-crt-vec.a    libcmoc-std-dgn.a  libcmoc-std-os9.a   libcmoc-std-vec.a libcmoc-crt-ecb.a  libcmoc-crt-usim.a  libcmoc-float-ecb.a  libcmoc-std-ecb.a  libcmoc-std-usim.a

Even if I specify the lib folder I still get the same error

$ cmoc HelloWorld2.c -L /usr/local/share/cmoc/lib
lwlink: error: Can't open library: -lcmoc-crt-ecb

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Pierre? Thanks in advance …

James