[Coco] 6309/6809 power consumption

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Oct 18 10:51:49 EDT 2019

On Friday 18 October 2019 10:01:40 Salvador Garcia via Coco wrote:

>  "What she doesn't understand yet that is I've never grown up yet.
> ;-)Too much interesting stuff to do..."
>
> I've heard some say that we all have to get old, but we don't
> necessarily have to grow up :-D
>
> A member of the local robotics group that I belong to will be
> celebrating his 90th this year. He is a retired electrical engineer
> and did work with the 6809 and the Color Computer. It seems that he is
> busier now than ever. If it was mathematically possible he'd agree
> with you 110%
>
> A few years back he found this marble maze at a garage sale, ripped
> out the knobs used to tilt the maze, added servos, an Arduino, an
> accelerometer, some batteries that he found and some software and came
> up with this:
>
> https://youtu.be/oc2izOFLgBA

Thats downright amazing. And you're right, he's never grown up, just old.
And TBT, his hands don't look 90 yo.  So my guess is that he's pretty
active yet and in excellent health. Like me, a survivor of sorts or "he"
isn't ready for me. :) He's afraid to send me down cuz I'd fix the
stoker and the air conditioner, then open an ice cream parlor with a
beer bar. :)

But ATM I'm running on a pump rated at 30% as my aortic valve is blowing
back badly.  The last schedule I have for that fix is now Nov 5th where
they'll install a new valve thru the groin port-hole, no chest opening.
Darned near outpatient stuff these days. That won't take away my cane
though, bad knee needs that, but it should speed up my work pace a bit.

> Yeah, that's him operating the marble maze, although you only get to
> see his hands
>

> Salvador
>
> <snipped>

Cheers, Gene Heskett