[Coco] Mystic BBS

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Sun Oct 6 08:45:02 EDT 2019

I think the security thing is just that there wasn't much info in cyberspace back then to care that much about. So someone hacked into a BBS. What are they going to get? A few files, maybe user passwords? Nothing vitally important. Look your phone number and address up in the phone book (remember those?). Why would your SS or other info be on there?

Now we have on-line banking and all kinds of other things. I've had to scan my driver's license for something I applied for (I think it was a loan...) and kept that on my computer for a while. That would be useful to a hacker who wanted to apply for something in my name, I guess, and I'm sure there is some kind of document I've kept with my SS on it in my files. So maybe someone could get something from my computer, but it's hardly enough to be worth the effort to hack. Hacking a big compney site and getting thousands of people's info is a different matter...