[Coco] MAME 213 - Romsets?

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Thu Oct 3 02:04:38 EDT 2019

All,

I'm trying to get Mame 213 (on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) set up for CoCo
emulation; I found a huge romset for it on archive.org - and I
downloaded 11 ROM zip files that were labeled for "color computer" and
put them in my ROM folder.

Yet every time I try to select one of the machines, it says that it is
missing a ROM or CHD file. I'm considering downloading the whole ROM set
via torrent (80+ gig) and trying that, because I don't know what, if
anything else, I am missing.

Before that, though - I want to know if anyone can tell me what ROM sets
I need, where/how to put them in the ROM folder (afaict, just the zip
file of the ROM should be ok?).

I don't recall it being this difficult to get an older version of
Mame/Mess to work - I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am hoping
someone can help.

Ultimately - I'm only doing this because I want to go back thru my old
collection of dsk images from my personal stuff to locate a couple of
programs - and maybe also re-organize things to upload my archive of
coco stuff to the coco archive for everyone to browse (I doubt I have
much new, though).

Thank you all in advance! I look forward to the suggestions!

Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona
https://github.com/andrew-ayers