[Coco] looking for latest toolshed location

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Nov 29 17:45:20 EST 2019

On Friday 29 November 2019 16:22:12 Robert Gault wrote:

> Gene,
>
> Far as I know, the latest version of Drivewire4 is on Bill Pierce's
> site. https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/
> It should be v-4.4.4e

Except none of it is for linux, they are all setup.exe's. Windoze stuff.
And I have only one windows machine, bought to be the display for a
Vector Network Analyzer, a tool for tuning broadcast antenna's.  Covers
up to 60 MHZ but I use it for Ancient Mary stuffs for the AM broadcast
band. Its packed in the truck ready to go to the next job site.

> Not sure if the version of NitrOS-9 matters but you can always get the
> latest from https://nitros9.sourceforge.io/snapshot/

Not interested in the dsk's, many convoluted links later I find a

nitros9-v3.3.0.tar.gz

Which is an older version (and not linked to be downloaded, nothing
happens if I click on it) than my latest nearly a year old pull dated
Jan 19 2019.

So where is the latest tarball?, the above non-downloadable 3.3.0 sure
isn't it.

> They seem to be current at about 11/16/2019 .

The dsk's may be newer, but sourceforge has removed access to the srcs.
Typical M$ behavior, and I read someplace that M$ has bought
sourceforge. M$ has more faces than a carnival barker.  Whoever has
rights to nitros9 now should put it someplace where its accessable while
there is still control over it.

Thanks Robert

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 29 November 2019 08:07:56 Robert Gault wrote:
> >> Gene and Walter,
> >>
> >> I just browsed the url below and it is active. New source
> >> corrections were as recent as "6 days ago".
> >>
> >> In any case, the Web page lists the date for each
> >> addition/correction so you can easily tell the state of Toolshed.
> >
> > Good, it would be a loss if it were to disappear. I should clean the
> > gime one more time and run that script again. Where can I get the
> > latest, working drivewire, and does it require the latest nitros9?
> > I had to back up to the java version to make it work the last time.
> >
> > Thanks Robert.
> >
> >> Robert

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett