[Coco] Using the /t2 with VCC & Dialup

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Nov 25 14:23:52 EST 2019

NitrOS9 Becker already has terminal port drivers for telnet. You must have the becker boot system running on VCC (as well as DriveWire) with "/Nx" (/N, /N1 - /N13) descriptors as well as the "scdwv" driver. All of this is standard on becker disks from the NitrOS9 repository (no need to add anything).
To use the ports, you must have a terminal program that allows you to choose your port. For example, to use Supercomm, you need a directory in "/dd/sys" named "DIAL" ("/dd/sys/DIAL"). In this directory, create a text file "xxx.adf" (xxx being any legal filename, best descriptive of the target terminal). The adf file contains the telnet port and login info (file format in the Supercomm manual).
Once you have the adf file setup, to use supercomm, you type:

supercomm /n

Once supercomm is running, hit a key to kill the logo, then hit <ALT><a> to bring up the autodial menu listing all your adf files (one for each terminal target). Select one with the arrow keys and hit enter... and you're logging in to you telnet server or BBS or whatever.
I can't say for other terminal programs as I've always used Supercomm, but all the info "should" be in the manual for the terminal. It may be possible to use terminal programs hardcoded for "/t2" by renaming "/N1" to T2. This would have to be done internally in the descriptor as well as the filename. Then you may be able to use software that requires T2.

You can find Supercomm and the manual here:
http://ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/TELECOM/