[Coco] Clearing out the junk

Spencer spencerjar at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 15 22:07:22 EST 2019

 Oh boy do I enjoy my ADAM - when I get to it. CP/M fascinated me back in the days, but I never saw any graphics oriented games - all mine are textual based.  I actually do enjoy these very much because it makes one use the brain to win. I've collected wayyy too much of ADAM stuff over the years. I guess like some of us I don't buy much Coco or ADAM stuff anymore. I have a plethora of both.  ;-)   Several months back I did get tempted and bought a floppy drive emulator for the ADAM, so I don't use my real 5 1/4" guys much anymore.  It's probably harder to get ADAM hardware than it is for the good ole Cocos. Cocos had a very successful run of its generations when compared to the Coleco ADAM's run due to Coleco's rushed delivery attempts to get it out before Christmas in the early 80s. As a result several hundred to 1000s of faulty units were delivered to retailers.  This caused a loss of fans back in those early days.  I never got one of those bad units, and love my ADAM (sorry got to say it Coco) as much as my Tandy computers.
Spencer