[Coco] Nitros9 technical question....

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at ramoth.org.uk
Mon Nov 11 05:42:43 EST 2019

Hi all,

Is there still a Nitros mailing list that might be a more appropriate
place for this?

Anyway I have a mostly working boot & disk driver for the DragonMMC
interface, which can boot and access any mounted disk images. What I
want to do is to convert the ROM utilities that allow you to list the
contents of the SD card, and mount / unmount images to command line
utilities for Nitros.

The DragonMMC works by having the FAT & SD reading part of the system
handled by and AVR microcontroller, the 6809 side of things uses a set
of I/O locations to exchange data with the AVR. This works for the disk
driver code, and would be able to work for the utility code, however
being a multi-tasking OS I need to ensure the utilities don't interfere
with disk I/O that may be going on in the background.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the correct way to do this?

Cheers.

Phill.