[Coco] OS9 file/disk sharing

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Nov 3 11:20:08 EST 2019

James & Walter, the "Developer's Edition" of DriveWire4 supports multiple instances, each with it's own drive list in which you can load the same disk/vhd images, which will sync between instances. Each time you read/write to the drive, DW4 updates the actual disk image on the PC as well. This allows you to write a file to a disk in one instance, then read that file from the same disk in another instance.

The regular version of DriveWire4 allows this as well, but you have to set the sync manually on each drive interface. Without syncing, the images on the PC are not updated until you use the "Write Disk" cmd, unload the image, or close DW4. The sync feature forces updates as you read/write.
Doing multiple instances on this version a PITA, but it can be done!

Here's a link to my blog on the "Developer's Edition" of DW4 and the download. The download link is at the bottom of the page and you must <right-click> the "View" link and select "Save Link as..." to download the file.
PLEASE READ THE BLOG BEFORE TRYING TO USE!!!
It does NOT work quite the same as the official release of DW4!

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/drivewire-4-3-4e