[Coco] My first CoCo device (virtual)

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Thu May 30 14:01:33 EDT 2019

On 5/29/2019 10:16 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 30 May 2019 12:55:01 am Stephen Fischer wrote:
>
>> On 5/29/2019 9:42 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> That's the file given to OS9GEN which puts the library  back together.
>>
>> SHF
>
> os9gen doesn't work with c modules.
>
>>> Cheers, Gene Heskett
>

> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Facebook pointed me to:

------------------------
Syntax:  ModBuster <in_file> <out_directory>

  Where <in_file> is a 6809 object or Basic09 source file you wish to
separate
into it's components at <out_directory>.
------------------------

ftp://RTSI.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/UTILITIES/modbuster.ar

ftp://RTSI.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/UTILITIES/modmerge.ar

I very distinctly remembering using OS9GEN to put the library back
together, what is being put together are RMA or C.ASM produced modules,
NOT "C" source files.

OS9GEN will merge any set of files, feeding it a text file list of the
files to merge and their order makes it ideal for this task.

I have most the list of files to merge together for each of my generated
boot disks on:

http://cococoding.com/sfischer/SHF%20OS-9%20Disks/Z/SHF78.DSK

Modmerge has very poor help, and the two being .ar files does not help.
I do not remember ever using it ever as OS9Gen was so better to use.

I wish I had time to recover the Delphi archive disk lists, all these
programs have great instructions.

One line descriptions which if you selected you got the long
descriptions. Tremendously better that just the file name which is all
we have for most files today.

SHF