[Coco] CoCo's TIMER and 60hz

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu May 30 09:14:33 EDT 2019

On May 30, 2019, at 7:10 AM, Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:

> I’m pretty sure the timer itself is driven by the same crystal that generates the video timing in a real CoCo. In my mind, the solution is just to write a driver that corrects for the clock variance.

Apparently, now, the timer changes based on what graphics mode you are in. The original modes are what we expect, and the double height modes it changes. To do this, the clock2 module would have to have a connection with the video driver to know what mode the system was in, or read it directly. Since Matchbox provides a bunch of new Timers, if this isn’t something Roger can tweak, I’d probably go with one of the new timers.