[Coco] Fresh new retro computing article!

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon May 27 22:12:33 EDT 2019

On 28/05/2019 11:47 am, D. Bruce Moore wrote:

> "ignore the excellent advice in Boisy's article and go ahead and
> produce hardware in direct competition to an established product, at
> least refrain from specifically targeting that product and drawing up
> a hit-list of cherry-picked "features". That's just kicking sand in
> someone's face.”
>
> Mark McDougall, who do you think drew up that hit-list?  It wasn’t
> the guy who produced a competing product, it was the guy who had the
> current product dissing his new competitor.  That new competitor
> responded with a chart refuting a long list of errors.  The whole
> chart idea was ill conceived to start with.

I admit that I misunderstood the origins of that chart. My mistake. Well
my opinion on that matter still stands. No doubt it was born of
frustration. But you're right, not a good idea to start with.

And in response to Eric; I don't think anyone advocates prohibiting
anyone's freedom to develop whatever they like. Nor is anyone forced to
agree, disagree or like or dislike the situation. At the end of the day,
you are free to produce what you like. All Boisy was suggesting in his
article is that there are perhaps more productive ways to go about it
that may ultimately produce a better result and better service to the
community whilst ruffling fewer feathers.

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall
<http://retroports.blogspot.com.au>