[Coco] GemQuest and error

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun May 26 09:52:20 EDT 2019

On Sunday 26 May 2019 09:19:55 am Robert Gault wrote:

> Based on experimenting with the .dsk file uploaded to the archive, I
> don't think this will be fixed unless we get access to the original
> Basic09 files for the game. Does anyone know of a disassembler that
> will convert Basic09 I-code back to source code?
>
> Robert

Someone here was working on that here on the list a couple years ago, so
you might scan back thru the list for the name. Best mention my search
turns up is Decode, by Wayne Campbell. In a Feb 9, 2015 message from
Willard Goosey . There was a pretty good thread on it at the time. If
http://cococoding.com/wayne still exists, it might be there.

> L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
> > A couple of Floyd???s games got broke between NitrOS-9 2.01 (where
> > they worked fine) and 3.3.0. I will be looking further into this
> > later on. I do know the icon editor SuperIke was broke, too, but
> > discovered that that was because the 3.3.0 from the repository was
> > using the stock GFX2 module by Tandy/Microware, rather than the 1990
> > upgraded version that Kevin Darling and Kent Meyers releases (which
> > is a subset of the one they did for the Version 3 upgrade). It still
> > has some quirks I am in the process of fixing, and I will release
> > the patched SuperIke once that is done. I am not sure if this is the
> > same issue the Floyd???s games are hitting, but I imagine it is
> > something similar. (Like the syntax of TMODE/XMODE changing also
> > broke some old programs).
> >
> > L. Curtis Boyle
> > curtisboyle at sasktel.net
> >
> > TRS-80 Color Computer Games website