[Coco] Modules - KRNP3 and sysgo

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon May 20 14:25:34 EDT 2019

> On May 20, 2019, at 1:19 PM, L. Curtis Boyle <curtisboyle at sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> KrnP3 is an optional module that will print out for error message descriptions, instead of just the error #, at the OS level.

More specifically, it is a kernel extension — in this case, expanding the error handler.  They can be used to add extra system calls to the kernel, so there could be a KrnP4, KrnP5, etc. and you’d include the ones you want.  I never tried this on OS-9/6809.

> Sysgo (formerly CC3Go) was originally part of the OS9Boot from Tandy/Microware. But it was discovered that it sticks in memory forever if you have it as part of OS9boot, and it is really only run once to fire up the initial shell (after processing the startup file), and can simply be run from the root directory (which lets it actually exit and return the memory to the system; if you leave it in the OS9boot, it stays around forever because OS9Boot is one big merged file of modules, which it can’t unload each separately).

Think of Sysgo as a binary “AUTOEXEC.BAT”.

		— Allen