[Coco] MyRam vs, Rammer

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon May 13 11:08:05 EDT 2019

The version of RAMMER in EOU 4 should allow deinizing to return RAM to the system, and then DMODEing a new setup and re-inizing /formatting again. The reason you may have to deiniz more than once is that there is still an open path to /r0 somewheres (maybe a SHELL has a CD/CHD to /r0, etc.). I will agree that MYRAM is simpler to setup/run than RAMMER. I personally do use /MD for debugging, which is my main reason for using RAMMER (and, back in the day when I used floppies a lot more often, it was nice to do BACKUP’s in a single pass, even when using odd things like 20 sector/track disks).

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net