[Coco] MyRam vs, Rammer

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sun May 12 18:03:16 EDT 2019

There are two pluses in the RAMMER column (at least in the bug fix version in EOU Beta 4) - since it mimics “real”  drive geometry (number of sides, sectors per track, tracks), it works with the BACKUP command (so you can back up real floppies in 1 pass to either direction.
It also supports the special /MD descriptor (“memory descriptor”) for debugging. This lets you both view and modify memory anywhere in the 2 MB while the system is running. Not for the casual user, but very helpful for testing special cases, error trapping, etc.

Sent from my iPhone