[Coco] CoCoSDC questions

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon May 6 09:20:03 EDT 2019

I have a CoCoSDC Rev. C 11-2013 using the SDC-DOS 1.6 CC3. Some of the commands don't work as I
think they should and I'd like to know if this is normal.

The disk swap button only works on drive #0. For example:
DRIVE0,"GAMES/C/CARMEN" and CARMEN-1.DSK mounts
Push the swap button and the LEB flashes twice and DRIVE shows CARMEN-2.DSK in drive #0.
However, when I try:
DRIVE0,""
DRIVE1,"GAMES/C/CARMEN"
?NE ERROR
The DRIVE command shows"
1: ON  CARMEN.      0
Pushing the DRIVE button does nothing. The directory not a disk seems to have been mounted.

DRIVE1,"GAMES/C/CARMEN/CARMEN-1"
will mount the disk but the button still does nothing.

So the PDF manuals on the CoCoSDC imply that the mount commands and button should work for both SDC
drives 0 and 1 but they do not. Is this typical and the PDFs are incorrect or do I have a faulty board?

Robert