[Coco] Bit-Banger Serial as external console?

M. David Johnson mdj at bds-soft.com
Thu Mar 28 13:06:15 EDT 2019

Thank you for those pointers, Stephen -

It took a bit more hunting, but I got it to work:

Page 12-2 in the manual says the way to print screens 1 and 2 side-by-side is:

PRINT 1 DLIST

But, of course, DLIST isn't in there either (that would be WAY too easy). I found it in SCR 22 on page 45:

: DLIST

    CR CR CR CR CR

    DECIMAL CR DUP SCR !

  ."   SCR " DUP . 32 SPACES

    ." SCR " 1+ . B/BUF C/L / 0

    DO CR 3 SPACES

       I 2 .R SPACE I SCR @

       (LINE) TYPE 3 SPACES

       I 2 .R SPACE

       I SCR @ 1+ .LINE

    LOOP CR FORM ;

whereupon I found FORM was also missing; found in SCR 3 on page 36:

: FORM 0C EMIT ;

That worked. I used it to print it out:

SAMPLE PRINTOUT:

SCR 1                                 SCR 2

     0 ( PRINT WORDS - 1/2 )               0 ( PRINT WORDS - 2/2 )

     1 DECIMAL 16 BASE !                   1 : DLIST

     2 6F CONSTANT CHAN                    2     CR CR CR CR CR

     3 DECIMAL                             3     DECIMAL CR DUP SCR !

     4 : PRINT -2 CHAN C!                  4     ."   SCR " DUP .

     5    INTERPRET CR                     5     32 SPACES

     6     0 CHAN C! ;                     6     ." SCR " 1+ .

     7 DECIMAL 16 BASE !                   7     B/BUF C/L / 0

     8 : FORM 0C EMIT ;                    8     DO CR 3 SPACES

     9 DECIMAL                             9       I 2 .R SPACE I SCR @

    10                                    10       (LINE) TYPE 3 SPACES

    11                                    11       I 2 .R SPACE

    12                                    12       I SCR @ 1+ .LINE

    13                                    13     LOOP CR FORM ;

    14                                    14

--

M. David Johnson

mdj at bds-soft.com