[Coco] Bit-Banger Serial as external console?

Stephen Pereira stephen.m.pereira.sr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 08:17:10 EDT 2019

Hi Dave,

As you may have guessed by now, I did not put absolutely everything provided by Talbot into the CCF-MISC file…

PRINT is not in there.  Sorry about that, but since I do not have a vintage printer to go along with my vintage system, I didn’t put it in.

I believe the PRINT command shows up in the text of SCR 3 on page 36 of the Color Forth manual:

:  PRINT  -2  CHAN  C!  INTERPRET CR  0  CHAN  C!  ;

Of course, CHAN is not in there either… SCR 1 on page 35 of the manual:

6F  CONSTANT  CHAN

Give that a try.  Once you can print, you can get all the contents of CCF-MISC screens out and better determine what else you may be missing that’s important for you.

Good luck!.

smp
- - -
Stephen Pereira