[Coco] EEPROM Programmer questions...

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 20 03:27:18 EDT 2019

On 17/03/2019 6:37 am, Joe Schutts via Coco wrote:

> Hi Everyone, I been thinking recently about buying an EEPROM
> Programmer and have received several suggestions about which one to
> purchase that SUPPOSEDLY will work with a CoCo 2 and/or CoCo 3. Some
> people suggested that I buy the following EEPROM Burner: TL866A USB
> Minipro Programmer 10x Adapter EEPROM FLASH 8051 AVR MCU GAL PIC SPI
> - which is sold on E-BAY for roughly $64.00 USD.

I too have this programmer. TBH the only thing I've used it for thus far
is to burn CoCo cartridge EPROMs.

IIRC there were a few different variants/models of this programmer
floating around, though I don't recall the specific differences. So do
your research.

A quick Google brings this link up, which mentions the TL866A/CS are no
longer in production and replaced by a newer model, so you may want to
look into that?

http://blog.obdii365.com/2018/03/22/mini-pro-tl866ii-plus-vs-tl866a-vs-tl866cs/

Just decide whether or not you need the adapters. It's cheaper without
and you could be paying more for stuff you don't need.

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall
<http://retroports.blogspot.com.au>