[Coco] Got one off ebay, should I keep the case sealed?

EDDY SZCZERBINSKI dhaulagiri at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 17 22:45:55 EDT 2019

>From a collectors stand point, I think that an original Color Basic with 16 k is harder to find than an extended basic with 64k.  Anyway, if you want an extended basic with 64k - I am willing to exchange two of mine for your 16k Basic.

Eddy
________________________________
De : Coco <coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com> de la part de Jay Coleman <jeremiah.l.coleman at gmail.com>
Envoyé : lundi 17 juin 2019 21:08
À : coco at maltedmedia.com
Objet : [Coco] Got one off ebay, should I keep the case sealed?

Hi all,

I decided to take a flyer on a CoCo 2 as-is on ebay.  I got it in today, and it powers up into Color Basic 1.2, 16k.  For just a second, back on the living room floor with box and bag and styrofoam scattered, this beige and black box in front, and a green glow on the TV.

At any rate.  I'm considering upgrading it to 64k and Extended Basic.  It isn't a gotta have, though.

The original warranty seal is intact, and the screws don't have a mark.  Is there much reason to keep it unopened?  I'm not thinking monetary value, more the sentiment, I guess.  It isn't something I look for, but I appreciate that others might.  So I thought I'd ask around.  It's a little yellow and has some minor scratches, but otherwise in pretty good shape.  If it would be a loss to break the seal, then I'm inclined to keep it as it is.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jay