[Coco] NitrOS9 and 6309 code

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Sun Jun 9 23:14:33 EDT 2019

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 9:19 PM Stephen Fischer <SFischer1 at mindspring.com> wrote:

> With a Shell that is ~ the size of Shellplus 2.1A now what does not work
> may be much less, it would take somebody trying each feature in the
> documentation to find out what.
>
> But the fact IMHO remains that the scripts to configure Shellplus 2.2a
> have not been supplied as the addresses have changed. But then perhaps
> that also has been fixed as I have no way of checking as I am busy
> watching fish in Japan right now.

It was probably a terrible idea for the Shell to be configurable in some ways.

For example, wildcards -- they should be on for everyone, or off for
everyone, otherwise scripts can't be portable. So far, all of the
programs I have seen assume that wildcards are off by default, and
require a leading ":" on a given command line to enable them for that
command. I see, in makefiles, ": del foo cstr.*" for 'clean' targets,
which wouldn't work if someone had used the wild.on.scr patch, because
if you enable wildcards by default, a leading ":" then _disables_
them. A similar problem exists for variable expansion -- if you turn
it off (it's on by default), then scripts break.

Other features, like logging by default, are totally innocuous.