[Coco] NitrOS-9 Level2 and 6309 language label

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Jun 9 12:49:24 EDT 2019

On Sunday 09 June 2019 09:30:51 am Robert Gault wrote:

> Gene,
>
> Thought you were working with NitrOS-9 not Toolshed?
>
> Anyway, here are the instructions with the latest version of Toolshed
> I have.

Since its all cross dependent, I pull and build lwtools first just so
that the latest can be available for toolshed and nitros9.  So my script
does it all. in sequence. Normally takes around 10 minutes for all of
it.  With srcfrg's pickyness, designed to make you join to get rid of
it, or whatever their reason is, its taking 20 minutes just to get to
the bailout point of toolshed. I use && as line ends in my script so if
there is an error, it bails out right there with the error on screen.

But I messed with this enough for today as I have a pair of riders
scattered about the driveway, moving a good transaxle from a newer JD to
and older Craftsman whose tranny is stuck in 2nd gear, using a cable
hoist and a tripod about 8 feet tall to pick things up as needed.  The
assemblies are identical and have been for 40 years as all of the under
$2k rider are made by MTD & painted according to the brand, so just
moving the accessorys like gear shift lever and brake assembly from one
to the other is all the adaptation needed.  And I need to get to it. I
thought I had a body lined up to mow the old place across town just to
keep the city happy, he showed up looking for work about 2ish last
afternoon, and was to mow the old place and this one. Haven't seen him
since. So my stuff is pushing 2 feet tall and I need to "get to it" and
get a working mower built. I did spend some time friday looking at new
ones, but it costs $1800 to get rid of the briggs and scrapiron motors
(or kawasaki which is even worse, often blowing up before the paint's
dry) and get a kohler engine.

So later on this project. :( Probably another 2 days.

>======= ToolShed is a package of utilities to perform cross-development
> from Windows, Linux or Mac OS X computers to the Tandy Color Computer
> and Dragon microcomputers.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/toolshed/
>

> == HOW TO BUILD ON WINDOWS ==
>
> The recommended build environment is MingW32 or MingW64
> (http://mingw.org/)
>
> The easiest way to install MingW is using a mingw-get-inst.*.exe from
> http://mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started
>
> Inside MingW, make sure you have "make" installed. There are several
> options, but the simpler mingw-make should be good enough:
> $ mingw-get install mingw-make
>
> Enter the unpackaged toolshed directory and run:
> $ make -C build/unix install CC=gcc
>

> == HOW TO BUILD ON UNIX ==
>
> To build cocofuse you will need to have FUSE libraries and header
> files installed. On Debian-based systems:
> $ sudo apt-get install libfuse-dev
>
> Enter the unpackaged toolshed directory and run:
> $ make -C build/unix install
>

> == HOW TO BUILD hdbdos and dwdos ==
>
> It is recommended to have lwtools installed
> (http://lwtools.projects.l-w.ca/). Otherwise the included (but
> deprecated) mamou can still be used: $ make -C dwdos AS="mamou -r -q"
> $ make -C hdbdos AS="mamou -r -q"
>======
>
> Regards NitrOS-9, I have MingW and Msys installed on a Windows system.
> The main problem with NitrOS-9 is that many makefiles include
>
> include $(NITROS9DIR)/rules.mak
>
> but because of the directory structure NITOS9DIR can't be found. I've
> added to many of the makefiles
>
> ifndef	NITROS9DIR
> NITROS9DIR	= $(HOME)/nitros9_May5_2018
> endif
>
> Naturally you will need to use your own directory name in place of
> "nitros9_May5_2018".
>
> Robert

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)