[Coco] CoCo Discrimination

rcrislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sat Jul 20 00:52:11 EDT 2019

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 15:42:28 -0400
Bill Loguidice <bill at armchairarcade.com> wrote:

> Just my two cents here from someone who has been platform agnostic
> since it became possible for me to be so in the late 80s, but I would
> think of the nick-name "TRaSh-80" as much of a badge of honor as
> anything else these days (and mostly applicable to the TRS-80 Model x
> series, obviously, but people have of course conflated the two
> separate product lines since early on). While I'm sure it had a
> derogatory genesis, it seems like even the TRS-80- and CoCo-centric
> magazines embraced the term at the time, and why not? Few other
> computers have nicknames that stuck in anywhere near the same way.
> It's more a historical "fun fact" than anything of any real relevance
> these days.

> Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
> <http://www.armchairarcade.com>
> Authored Books
> <http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1>
> and Film <http://www.armchairarcade.com/film>; About me and other
> ways to get in touch <http://about.me/billloguidice>

OK! I have to add my two cents here too. Any time I received one of
those disparaging remarks, I challenge them to run a program and format
a disk at the same time as can be done on a CoCo 3 running OS-9. Fully
interrupt driven multitasking. Take that! 8-)

I never got upset over it then and I do not now. I just smile and know
they don't know what they don't know.

 Cheers