[Coco] CoCo Discrimination

James C. Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 17 18:19:38 EDT 2019

Hmmm.  I’ve worn my PennFest 2 1998 t-shirt (“Proudly taking obsolescence into the next century” on the back) a few times in the past year.  Maybe I should do that more often.  Haven’t been “milkshaked” yet, but maybe I should try harder?

Mostly it just makes the grandkids laugh...

On Jul 17, 2019, at 5:41 PM, Mark Anderson <rammdesign at msn.com> wrote:

> I have to say I'm shocked at the level of discrimination I receive when I wear my TRS-80 color computer Radio Shack black T-shirt in public, most notable, in bookstores.
>
> In the past six months, at two different bookstores, I've had an older couple and an older gentlemen both scoff and say "Trash 80" out loud at me with a smirk on two separate occasions.
>
> The first time, I let it go, but this last time I said "Don't say that sir.". He confronted me and said he had an Apple back in the day. I told him I was published in the Rainbow magazine at age 10 and he asked me if I still had a TRS-80. I said I had several.
>
> Just wanted to know if anyone else here has had similar stories....
>
> Mark

Randomness and Free Will are both
useful constructs for explaining
behavior, but neither are provable