[Coco] Has anyone seen these? Any info?

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 15:16:40 EDT 2019

 "... using the Winbond W27C512 (64KB) EERPROM,"

Then the seller's statement is wrong? (The extra "R" not withstanding.)

And this datasheet also says it is an EEPROM:

http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheet/WinbondElectronics/mXrtxsu.pdf

He references the EPROM when he brings up the OTP:

"Do NOT buy EPROMs (single 'E', as they can only programmed ONCE and are old!"

I see that some manufacturers do use the OTP EPROM nomenclature (Microchip). I guess it doesn't make sense to me, since once the OTP is programmed, that's it. It can't be erased, at least not by the conventional UV lamp method. If anything, I see OTP ROMs falling in the PROM group.

I am just trying to understand the description and determine whether this is a legitimate product, given the inconsistencies that we've seen in said description.

Thanks, Salvador