[Coco] CoCo C, Kreider '97? was Re: Climax C Compiler setup

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Fri Jul 5 16:11:48 EDT 2019

I will take ANY C source code anyone has available. I am collating it,
organizing it, and putting it into a repository for public use,
educational purposes, maintenance, and posterity (history is
important). At some point I hope to have a complete, buildable native
C compiler for (Nitr)OS9 with runtime library. Using various sources
scattered across the net, that seems like it's possible.

Of particular interest *right now* are any and all versions of Carl
Kreider's CC compiler frontend. I have source that claims to be
version 2.2.1 and a number of modifications people have done, and I
want to put together a chronological timeline of every change that's
been made to it. I have heard that there's an official 2.3.0 version
out there, but I have a gap of stuff that's before 2.2.1, between
2.2.1 and 2.5.0. Post 2.5.0, things get a little weird, I hear,
because people made their own changes to it. Doesn't matter to me, I
want all of it if possible.

But really, any C source code you or anyone else has is welcome. Even
other stuff, if it _contains_ C source. A Basic09 library that's got
several functions written in C? Perfect!

Another of my hopes is to get other people interested in doing the
same for other languages, especially if it's done in public where it
can help as many people as possible. Secrets suck.