[Coco] Programs larger than 32K?

Pierre Sarrazin sarrazip at sarrazip.com
Mon Jan 21 19:47:43 EST 2019

Hi Evan,

Dixit Evan Wright via Coco (2019-01-21 15:39):
> Right now it's about 29K, but I'd like to be able to write games that
> can use the entire 64K. I think what I'm going to do is use the Pierre
> Sarrazin's no_basic demo and have it load the game into memory at at
> known location, then JSR into it.

That should work. I have also just published "bigapp", a CMOC-based demo
of a program that is too large to be loaded by Basic's LOADM command
and uses the whole 64K of RAM:

    http://sarrazip.com/dev/bigapp-0.1.0.tar.gz

This demo also adds arbitrary data files (PMODE 4 screens) to the .bin so
that this data gets loaded with the code.

The user calls LOADM and EXEC on a small loader program that takes
care of loading the large program. The demo requires a 64K CoCo and
the decbfile library, which is available on the same page:

    http://sarrazip.com/dev/decbfile-0.1.1.tar.gz

More information on CMOC here:

    http://sarrazip.com/dev/cmoc.html

--