[Coco] MML converter targets Game Master Cartridge

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Jan 18 19:04:54 EST 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 01:33:29PM -0800, Mark D. Overholser wrote:

> On 1/18/19 12:44 PM, John W. Linville wrote:
> > This is an early demo of an MML music converter that can target the
> > SN74689 chip on the Game Master Cartridge (GMC). This should broaden
> > the range of folks that can compose (or transpose) music for games
> > or other software that might use the device.
> >
> > 	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLv3oNOVuzo
> >

> < SNIP >
>

> So this is a Linux Tool...

I wouldn't call it that. The binary I'm using runs on Linux because
that's what I use all the time.

> Can it built under Mac OSX or CygWin or MSYS2 on Windows???

The source is fairly standard C code. It does use stdint.h (implying
C99), but even that could probably be changed without much problem. I
expect that it could compile for nearly anything that offers the
standard C library and a compatible environment, possibly with a
little massaging of the code here and there.

John