[Coco] Booting Nitros9 from the VCCemudisk.vhd on a Real CoCo III

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 06:45:12 EST 2019

Burn a rom with hdbdos set with the $5A000 offsets, put it in the fd502 and you eliminate setting the MPI all the time. HDBDOS is 99% compatible with DECB so you shouldn't have problems with real floppies.
Before my Cocos were flooded by Florence, I had my 1meg Coco3 setup as:

Coco III w/cooling fan
Disto 1meg Mem upgrade
Eagle AT Keyboard interface
MPI
    3. FD502 (no floppies connected, just using the rom)
    2. Glenside IDE (4x 1g partitions)
    1. Glenside MIDIPak
    0. Orch90 Pak
DW4 on bitbanger w/8 VHD slots (yes 8)

I'm hoping I can salvage this system as the whole system was underwater for 2 weeks along with 2 Coco 2s and a Coco 1 and a lot of various hardware (drives, joysticks etc).