[Coco] Radio Shack's Audio Spectrum Analyzer for the CoCo 3

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Jan 16 21:37:38 EST 2019

Curtis,

I've been playing with a disassembly of the disk version of the Analyzer program and have added a
  LDA #%1010
  STA $FF9C
just before the program does a
  STA $FFC0  set up S-12
  STA $FFC2
  STA $FFC5
Now with S-24 and the $FF9C poke on a Coco3 you get S-24 without any text letters but it does not
help the Analyzer program to get S-12 or S-8 mode.
Strangely enough the SN74LS783 specs indicate that while S-8 and S-24 can produce letters as well as
block graphics, S-12 should just produce block graphics so maybe the disk version of Analyzer is
incorrect.

Whatever, there are two places in the program where $FFC0-$FFC5 gets changed and I've tried lots of
combinations with and without the $FF9C change. Nothing gives the desired result on a Coco3.
In S-24 mode there is no text and the screen is half the required vertical size. In what I assume is
S-4 mode with many changes to the program to reduce the screen size on the vertical axis, there is
not enough vertical space for the needed details.

I'd be happy to send you my disassembly and my initial mods to play with if you want. Maybe you can
get Steve's program to work on a Coco3.

Robert