[Coco] DW4 Nitros9 and floppy disk access

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Jan 13 14:53:36 EST 2019

The MPI slot setting can indeed be changed with software.  Location $FF7F
controls this.  The values are $00, $11, $22, and $33 to set the slot to 1
to 4.  You also can set the two nybbles separately, though my memory is a
bit hazy on what each does.  One hex digit (set to 0-3) selects which slot
contains the ROM that is looked at.  The other selects what the SCS line
controls, I think, so that if you are doing pokes that affect the hardware
of a cartridge in one of the slots, like an RS232 Pak, that slot could be a
different one than the one that the ROM is being read from if you set $FF7F
correctly.

Art