[Coco] OT: pacemaker

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 10:42:17 EST 2019

 Gene, did you check with your doctor to make sure that your pacemaker isn't running embedded Windows? We certainly don't want your pacemaker to blue screen, or for you to be stuck at home Tuesday evenings while updates are installed! :-D Salvador

    On Thursday, January 10, 2019, 6:14:22 PM CST, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:

 On Thursday 10 January 2019 18:02:49 James C. Hrubik wrote:

> Gene, I thoroughly understand the pain.  Mine was put in in 2015, left
> side just below the clavicle, and it still feels odd.

I faintly recall that being mentioned> Did they use
> twilight anesthesia, and could you feel the doc carving away when he
> was inserting it?

No, I was clear out.

> I sure did.  Can’t wear a shoulder harness because
> it cuts into the pacemaker.  AND - if you get 10 years, that’s a good
> battery.  I’m going to be evaluated in a month or so to see whether or
> not mine has to be replaced.  They had it set too high for 2 years and
> it not only affected my aim (jitters) but ran down the battery faster.
>  So go slow but as far as you want.  Wonder if a CoCo-on-a-chip would
> have done a better job <G> - (see, now on-topic)!

Yup. Gotta keep it on topic.  But the coco on a chip would have to have a
63C09 brain.

Thanks Jim.

> On Jan 10, 2019, at 3:17 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> > On another front, I found myself with a slowing pulse, down in the
> > 30's Sunday, so I now have a sore chest where a pacemaker was
> > inserted. I asked the doc before he put it in if he could get
> > another 25,000 miles out of this abused old carcass, he grinning
> > reply was that depended on how far and fast I drove in the next 10
> > years, which is the life of its battery. :)
>
> -----
> A leader is someone who walks
> out front and takes the hits for
> the people who are behind him.